Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Food-Part 1

Since I am getting ready to go back to work in 8 days I have been trying to figure out what types of things I can make and stick in my freezer. Ideally I would love to have a tasty dinner ready to go in my freezer and I can just pop it out and defrost it and cook it later that night. I have come to the realization that if Kate from Jon and Kate Plus 8 on TLC (more on this later)!
can cook a dinner for a family of 10 I sure can cook a good hearty meal for a family of 2. Mind you I do cook often and I do cheat often thats what moms are for :). However, there are times that I sure do not feel like it too. So like I said since I have the time, the energy and my mojo...I want to cook some homemade meals that I can add to my freezer. So if you have some ideas please make a comment.

My food obsession for good restaurants and different types of food began when I was planning our honeymoon. I found the tremendous amount of blogs and travel websites raving about certain restaurants that were a must try. We went to Tahiti for our honeymoon and we went to Moorea and Bora Bora-two of the many islands of Tahiti. So my obsession began when we went to one particular restaurant-Villa Mahana.
This was a beautiful place. It is a home converted to a restaurant and the chef cooks every meal for you. This was very exciting for me and from there on began a journey of food.

1 comment:

Nora said...

oooo, your journey of food!!! Sounds like a good title for a post! Yummy!!!